SINGAPORE - WEALTH MANAGEMENT - Advisory/Front-Office, Financial Planning, Risk
TOKYO - INSURANCE - Insurance Sales and Distribution Technology.
My client is a leading financial technology product provider specialising in Banking and Insurance technologies. Their solutions are used in the front office of Retail Banks, Wealth Management and Insurance. They are used across mobile and browsers and provide a full suite of tools Advisors need to engage clients and do business. My client counts a number of tier 1 international Banks and Insurers as clients and have a long presence in Asia.
You'll need to be able to easily fit into the vendor/product world which demands flexibility to work across different job functions to get the job done and at the same time being fair but firm with customers.
As my client has Production Centres in 4 locations across Asia, you you'll need to be willing to potentially travel for major project phases for a number of weeks (in extreme cases) of course returning on weekends.
Software Architecture and Design
- Architects and designs enterprise-grade, product-based software solutions for clients
- Designs and codes superior technical enterprise and mobile solutions
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Applies significant knowledge of industry standards and trends providing excellent service to clients
Solution Development and Delivery
- Supports development managers throughout development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks within projects
- Provides technical direction for design, development, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through delivery
- Communicates and enforces coding standards and reviews work of development teams
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to clients and manages their expectations effectively
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base
- Mentors those with less experience through informal channels
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond required training
Required Skills and Core Competence
- Five or more years of relevant working experience as software architect and/or development lead
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken (knowledge of some Asian languages is a plus)
- Proven expertise in systems integration and product based design and development experience
- Understands benefits of various design methodologies, object oriented and component based approach
- Possesses significant knowledge of JEE and mobile architectures
- Creates well designed, reusable software artefacts
- Strong knowledge of application security (client/server, mobile applications, SSO, OWASP etc.) and systems performance concepts is important
- Understands benefits of various programming paradigms, languages and frameworks
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Java/JEE application design and hands-on development (preferably on WebSphere, WebLogic and/or some OSGi compatible application servers)
- Possesses knowledge of mobile application design/development (preferably on iOS, Android and/or device-independent frameworks/HTML5)